JAPAN - USA | 2020 | Color/B&W | Observational Film | 128 min
DCP I JAPANESE I 23.976 fps I 16:9 I Stereo
At the age of 82, Dr. YAMAMOTO is suddenly retiring from the clinical field, causing a lot of anxiety for many of his patients who have been relying on him as their lifeline for many years. Now he needs to spend time to care for his wife Yoshiko. In early spring, Dr. Yamamoto and Yoshiko embark on a new life, facing challenges they never faced before.
- MoMA Doc Fortnight 2020, 'Centerpiece'
- Berlinale Forum 2020
- Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival 2020
- New Zealand IFF 2020
- Shanghai IFF 2020
- DMZ International Documentary Film Festival 2020
- VIDEOGRAMS Kaunas IFF 2020
- IDFA 2020, Masters
- Documenta Madrid 2020, International Competition
- Berlinale 2020
Ecumenical Jury Prize
-Festival des 3 Continents 2020
Montgolfière d'Or Award (Best Film)
CAST & CREDITS
Laboratory X, Inc.