Born in Hong Kong, Kit Hui received her MFA from Columbia University's Graduate Film Program. Hui’s thesis film, MISSING, was selected for the official short-film competition at the Cannes Film Festival and has screened at numerous film festivals worldwide.
Her screenplay A BREATH AWAY (Geli/隔離) was selected for the Sundance Writer's Lab and Director's Lab, the Cannes Film Festival Cinéfondation Residency, and the Hong Kong Asian Film Financial Forum (HAF). Hui’s short film, A RAINY DAY, won the top prize at the China-American Film Festival and the Best Cinematography award at the International Student Film Festival at Buenos Aires. Her debut feature film FOG (Wu/霧) was a recipient of the Sundance Annenberg Grant.
Feature, in development
A BREATH AWAY (Geli/隔離)
- Sundance Writer's & Director's Lab
- Cannes Film Festival, Cinéfondation Residency
- Hong Kong Asian Film Financial Forum (in development)
- Cannes Film Festival, Competition
- VC Filmfest, Golden Reel Award
A RAINY DAY
- Chinese-American Film Festival, Best Prize
- International Student Film Festival at Buenos Aires, Best Cinematography