top of page
Born in 1989 in Linyi, Shandong Province, China, William Wong graduated from Northeast Normal University in 2012 majoring in Film and TV studies.
In 2013, he wrote and directed his first feature film AROUND THAT WINTER (Tianyuan Jiang Wu/田园将芜).
Selected as the opening film of the Beijing Independent Film Festival, the film won the Best Debut Film Award at the same year edition of the China Independent Film Festival.
LOVE POEM is his second feature film.
(International Sales: ASIAN SHADOWS)
2020, feature, 114 min
- Visions du Réel 2020, Burning Lights Competition
- DMZ International Documentary Film Festival 2020
- Filmfest Hamburg 2020
- Black Canvas Contemporary Film Festival 2020, Mexico, Best Director in New Horizon Competition
- First IFF Xining 2020, Best Narrative Feature, Best Performer
- Singapore International Festival of Arts 2021, Singular Screens
- New Holland Island International Debut Film Festival 2021, Main Competition
2013, feature, 96 min
- China Independent Film Festival 2013, Best Debut Film Award
bottom of page